Monday, June 8, 2015

June 1 - June 8, 2015: Crunch Time!

Tipping point! I saw this coming, and now it's here. My hard drives are full, my gear cases are crammed and I'm shooting nearly every day. It's a dream come true.

Friday June 5:
Early morning NLP shoot in Ipswich, MA. Two camera DSLR setup to capture an interview with a Betterlesson Master Teacher.

Later that day, I swooped back into Boston to shoot an interview for the Wexler Oral History Project. This shoot was the maiden flight of the new Sony PXW-X70. 

Saturday June 6th: 
Cambridge River Arts Festival during the day. I'd already taken the X70 out on practice runs, but this was the first in broad daylight. Things I learned to appreciate about this camera: built in ND filters and 1 stop of negative gain.

Saturday night over in Allston, I shot a live performance for my friend's band, Calvinball. Another voyage with the X70, and a real lesson in the XAVC-L workflow in Davinci Resolve. 


Meanwhile, I've been editing last month's shoot with photographer Eric Frazer. I'm putting together a highlight video of a fashion shoot at his studio.



No comments:

Post a Comment